Monday, June 04, 2007

Our Little Flower Girl...FINALLY!!

Ceili was in a wedding a couple of weeks ago and I have FINALLY gotten around to putting some pictures on here. There are a ton...so grab a coke, sit back, relax and enjoy the show!!

Here are a couple from before the rehearsal...with her hair all curly and done up!! Surprisingly, she let me put rollers in her hair and kept them in until I took them out!! I couldn't believe it, but that made it so much easier to do her hair...can you believe 25 rollers fit in her thin & barely-there hair?!!?





























We spent the night at Grandma Lisa & Grandpa Charlie's house after the rehearsal since the wedding was in Columbus. They live in downtown Columbus in one of those really cool old houses and still have the old tub in their master bath!! I love it!! So...Ceili got to take a bath in it the morning of the wedding...so cute!!

Here are just some pictures of Ceili throughout the day - having their pictures taken and just hanging out...waiting for her big moment!!
































































































Ceili DID walk down the aisle...I wasn't sure if she would up until the moment she did it!! Justin stayed in the back with her while I waited up front...he told her she needed to bring Mommy the basket of flowers. At first, I didn't think she was going to do it b/c she just stood there...then she turned to Daddy and said "Where's Mommy??" I scooted out more into the aisle and she began walking. She got about 5 steps from me and handed me her basket and said "Here, Mommy!" She did such a good job - we were so proud!! Earlier in the day, we had been "rewarding" (ok, bribing) her with mini m&m's to have her picture taken for the photographer...each time we had to convince her to stand there, she'd get one mini m&m. (Thank goodness they have the mini ones b/c she would have been on sugar overload had they been the regular size!!) I told her that if she went down the aisle for us that she would get a BIG piece of chocolate (one Hershey's kiss...seems BIG after all the mini m&m's she had beforehand)! I really didn't think she would remember that I told her that, but I should have known. As soon as she brought me the flower basket and I picked her up and told her how great she did, she looked at me and said "Mommy, I get a big one!!" Yep, she sure did remember...and she definitely deserved her Hershey's kiss!! After that, she took a drink of milk, put her head down on my shoulder and fell asleep...and stayed that way throughout the entire wedding!!























I absolutely LOVE this picture of Ceili holding Daddy's hand...well, his finger. I think it is so sweet to watch her with her Daddy...it won't be long that she won't want to hold our hands. We better capture this sweet stage while we can!!
Ceili LOVED looking at her reflection in this building...so sweet!

She also LOVED dancing at the reception...she was the light of the party!! We had to MAKE her leave...she was having so much fun!! I wish I still had that carefree attitude that she has...not having a care in the world and just dancing like no one is watching!!!



3 comments:

jamie said...

Holly~ It is about time. I have been waiting to see these. Ceili is beautiful! She looks like a little princess. You did a great job on the pictures!!

Nana Mennel said...

Finally...I have been wanting to see these. I really wanted to be at the wedding to watch, but, since I don't know the bride I thought it might seem alittle strange!! LOL. She did a great job and was so stinkin cute. I love the curls.

Shawna said...

Look at my beautiful Goddaughter!! I absolutely love the pictures of her looking at herself in the building....gorgeous! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! LOVE YOU!