Monday, March 02, 2009

We went Bananas

...as our little Monkey turned ONE!! Below are the 3 pictures I used for Keaton's birthday invitations...thought I would do something different for his Monkey-themed party! He is such a good sport...good thing he likes bananas!!
I am not the most experienced when it comes to decorating cakes. However, I was soooo excited to make Keaton's monkey cake for his birthday - my mom always made ours growing up and I have the best memories of that! It is something that I want to continue and do with my children...so I think we're off to a good start! The cake was actually a lot of fun to make...even if it did take 2 days to bake all of the cakes I had to use to make it! I have to give credit to Justin for the fondant work he did on Keaton's smash cake - it turned out just perfect!! We were pretty proud of how the cakes turned out...and of course, they were banana-flavored!! I am already looking forward to making Ceili's cake for her 4th birthday in June...can never plan too early!!
Above is the food we served at the party. When I decided to do a monkey-themed party for Keaton, I was so excited to think of the things we could do that were monkey-related! I thought it would be fun to only serve food that went along with the party - I was happy with how it all turned out!
Above, the Birthday boy in his Monkey sweater with his cake!
Below, Keaton didn't really know what to do with his cake at first. After a minute or so, he realized it was fun to play in...and EAT!!
Keaton received this sock monkey from his Nana and Papaw for his birthday, and I just had to get his picture with it! How handsome is my big boy?!
Coming Soon...our trip to the Children's Museum on Keaton's birthday, Fun at the Park, and Keaton at ONE!!

2 comments:

Nana (Deb Mennel) said...

I am so happy you put his birthday pictures on the blog. He had a very cute birthday. You did a wonderful job on the cakes. You girls are so crafty!!

jamie said...

Oh, I love the pics. His little party was just adorable. I loved all the monkey stuff...very cute!!