Thursday, May 03, 2007

To Nana & Papaw's House We Go...


My dad has spent the last 29 years manicuring their yard into the park it is today. I don't think anyone has ever walked into Mom and Dad's backyard without commenting about how beautiful it is and how "park-like" it is...and I have to agree! Dad has spent so much time on their yard and it has all paid off! This is the perfect place for picture-taking...and my cousins agree. My cousins Beth and Julie had me take their prom pictures in Mom and Dad's backyard, but before they got there I had the chance to take some of Ceili. If my backyard could look even half as nice as theirs in 29 years, I will be soooo happy! Here are some from that "session." and check back for the prom pictures. They should be on here shortly...there are just too many to choose from. But, I guess that is what happens when the subject's are so gorgeous!! Stay tuned...































This is Ceili's favorite place for sure!! She LOVES sticks and rocks right now, and she picks them up (as many as will fit in her tiny hands...see pictures above) and throws them off the bridge into the creek. It is so cute to watch her do the same things I loved doing as a little one! She loves doing this so much that when she picks up sticks in our backyard, she tells me "I want to frow in cweek!" which translates to "I want to throw in creek!" Since we don't have a creek at our house, I've convinced her to throw them in her water table. Not as much fun...but the best I could do!! Below on the left is how she sits (on the railing of the bridge over the creek) when she throws the sticks into the water...with Papaw or Auntie A right behind her holding on tight of course!!
























































































Check back for the prom pictures. They should be on here shortly...there are just too many to choose from. But, I guess that is what happens when the subject's are so gorgeous!! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Nana Mennel said...

Well, I have to say, our yard has never looked as good as it does with Ceili playing in it. Can't wait to have all the grandkids playing in the back yard. The pictures are beautiful.

Shawna said...

She looks so gorgeous! It is adorable watching her do what we used to love to do! Hope she knows that the bridge is her Nawna's favorite place in the whole world! It's my thinking spot!

auntiea said...

Beautiful! It was fun getting to play with Ceili in the backyard the last few weeks. I love her little smile when she throws rocks or sticks in the creek. I enjoyed "helping" you with these, Im glad jumping makes her smile. haha